Owners from the smallest of enterprises to the largest of boardrooms
entrust few people to make mission-critical business decisions
in their place. These select few are the owner's trusted advisors,
acting on their behalf in key decisions.
Our only interest is your best interest.
If you're an owner, you want PSG on your A-list: we'll be your advisor,
advocate, assistant, agent, ambassador, activist and ally.
And at times, your guardian angel.
Unlike a general contractor or design professional whose fiduciary
responsibility is to their employer, an owner's representative
is an extension of the owner and solely represents the owner's
To avoid costly construction errors and post-construction issues,
an owner's representative must act through the owner's eyes serving
as facilitator, mediator, general counsel and general contractor.
The representative must ensure that all stakeholders are focused
on the project, communicating effectively and working toward
the common goal.
As owner's representative, PSG's staff will be your delegate.
We'll find out what your project and business goals are, and
make sure your desired outcomes are achieved. We know that your
organization's reputation, credibility and profitability are
at stake, and ours are too.
PSG can identify, assess and recommend contractors and design
firms that have the resources and experience necessary for
your project, or we can work with your in-house staff and
any contractors you've already selected. Throughout the project,
we will make recommendations on engineering, design and scope,
contract issues, budget and actual cost status, proposed
changes, schedule changes, project extensions and problem
The right experience
You can count on PSG to provide highly experienced personnel
to protect your significant capital investments. PSG has
assembled the best talent in the industry, with hundreds
of years of collective experience in design, construction
and project management. Based on your specific requirements,
we will identify high-caliber resources that perfectly align
with your needs. Inherent in our approach is our commitment
to total quality management.
So, what are you constructing? Whether it's a high-rise office
building, a mixed-use complex, a performing arts center or
a nuclear power plant - or anything else - we have just the
right professionals available to help you.
Types of services
As owner's representative on your project, PSG can:
• operate under your objectives and management criteria for
• represent you at meetings and make sure your interests are
• act as your fiduciary agent during contractor assessment
and selection, contract negotiations and throughout all facets
of the project's life.
• act as a liaison with the all project members including internal
and external resources.
• ensure that all potential project-related issues are addressed
and that each member of the project team is aware of their
role in resolving them.
• communicate all changes to the project team consistently
• provide suggestions that could improve the design or reduce
• make site visits to maintain the project schedule and progress.
• facilitate resolution of conflicts with contractors to avoid
costly delays and arbitration.
• negotiate effective contracts with designers and contractors.
• provide contractors with the information, decisions and services
they need in order to do their work.
• monitor the performance of designers and contractors to ensure
they're meeting their contractual obligations.
• initiate corrective actions when necessary to achieve your
• manage site access and security issues.
• develop performance criteria.
• critically analyze contractor progress reports and alert
you to any potential problems.
Levels of service
PSG can provide owner's representative services at varying
levels. Based on your needs, you decide how much involvement
and decision-making authority we will have.
• Advise - PSG provides advice to you through verbal dialogue
and Q&A sessions. Although we provide valuable input,
this level of service does not include active participation
in the project. We can be engaged at any time during your
• Monitor/Review - PSG still advises, but in a more active
role. Communication is based on our first-hand observations
and review of reports, records and other documents. Again,
we can be engaged at any time during your project.
• Assist/Support - PSG takes a more active role in communicating
with other parties associated with the project. At this level,
PSG does not take primary responsibility for the preparation
of reports, records or other documents. Although we can be
engaged at any time, it's best to engage us early in order
to maintain consistency throughout the project.
• Perform - PSG provides the fullest level of service, and
assumes primary responsibility for performing given activities.
For optimal results, it's best to engage us as early as possible.